Almost every office equipment can be replaced, but nothing can replace an excellent multifunctional printer. Also, when one thinks of setting up a mini home office or a children’s study area, a printer is an inevitable device that has to be on the top priority list. When we talk about printers, one of the few companies that pop up is HP.
For those who were searching for an excellent small budget printer that can be used for both personal and professional purposes, their search ends here with ” HP DeskJet 2138.” The most important thing that makes a company’s product reliable is its customer support, and HP has that quality too. All their printer variants are sold in good numbers, and customer satisfaction says it all.
Let’s dive into the detailed pros and cons section for a better understanding of this product.
With its trustworthy and reliable name tag, HP has come up with a new model in its InkJet Advantage Technology variant that is ” HP DeskJet 2138 All-in-One Ink Advantage Color Printer”. This printer has all the features that you ask for in a home and office-friendly printing machine. Don’t consider its compact design as an inability to perform various tasks. As the name says “All-in-One,” this printer can print and copy and scan at the same time.
- This product is going to work well if you have limited usage of printers in your office and home. Due to its compactness of the product, it can be placed anywhere. With a dimension of 47.5 x 35.4 x 19.1 cm and weighs 3.42 kgs, this product can be the best choice for home and office use.
- The model works explicitly well if you are finding an InkJet Printer with multiple needs. It can perform jobs like print, scan, and copy.
- You will find this product suitable if you want a printer that gives good quality prints basically to those who want to print photos.
- If the printing speed is not at all a concern and you don’t need a high-speed printer, then this product won’t upset you.
- The button facility on the top of the printer makes its usage easier for those who are not good technical things. Almost every function of this printer can be controlled by those buttons.
- If you don’t bother to buy cartridges every time it is worn out, you can go for this product. Also, the cartridge of this model is easily available.
In this model, the company has tried to satisfy most of the demands of small business and home user’s requirements. All the features specified below will throw more light on them.
The product price is 6187INR, which is budget-friendly for people who don’t want to spend a lot. The purchase price can be cut down by just looking for some fantastic offers and coupons. And hence you buy for 6000 bucks or lower.
- Printing speed
Normally this printer can print 7.5 black and white and 5.5 color print pages in a minute, which is fine for home and small office usage.
This variant uses InkJet technology. The scanner type used for this is Flatbed. So no complaints about that.
The connection facility in the printer is through USB cable. The company provides a USB cable with the machine. This ensures that you don’t have to run out of connections at the time of need.
HP 680 Tri-Color & Black Original Ink Cartridges have been used in this printer. The company provides each of both colors as well as a black cartridge with the purchase.
- Page Yield
Each Black Ink Cartridge can print up to 480 pages while Tri-Color Cartridge can print up to 150 pages, which are as per ISO Standards.
- Recommended Prints
As per the company’s specification details, it can print 1000 pages per month. Although it depends upon the users h
The company has provided a one-year warranty from the date of purchase.
- Print Resolution
It has up to 4800 x 1200 DPI for color print and up to 1200 x 1200 DPI for black prints. so you won’t be running out of page resolutions any time soon.
- Pages Supported
It can print on an A4, B5, A6, DL, and envelope with a manual duplex printing facility. In other words all the major page sizes works with this printer.
- Energy usage
It consumes 10 Watt when active, 1.9 Watt when standby, and 0.9 Watt when sleep. This printer comes with ENERGY STAR certification.
Things we liked:
- As we saw the dimensions of the product, it’s pretty sure that its sleek design can be adjusted anywhere on the desk or shelf.
- These 3 in 1 functional device can copy, print, and also scan the pages of various sizes like A4, envelope, B5, A6, and DL.
- 200-300 prints per month are perfect for a small business or home usage.
- The buttons provided on the printer are useful for direct copying without connecting the printer to your devices.
- Photo printing clarity is just amazing because of the high DPI in the printer.
- This product can be easily set up only by opening the package, and Pugin and the device are ready to work.
- As the company claims, they recycle the cartridges when we revert it to them, which is an excellent environment-friendly initiative by the company.
Things we didn’t like:
- Inkjet technology is good, but it takes time to print a page while LaserJet Technology is comparatively faster.
- In the Manual duplex system, one has to be there while printing and have to change the sides of pages to print on both sides. And sometimes, due to human errors, pages are not printed in alignment.
Today things are changing, so are the printers. It is an essential electronic device that can be used whenever you want. This partcular ” HP DeskJet 2138 All-in-One Ink Advantage Color Printer” is made for people who have very little usage of printers in their routine work. This is an excellent choice for them but not for the people who need speedy work. The product price matches with all the functions and features provided by the company.