How to Use Wi-Fi printer?
Almost every printer manufacturer is adopting the new trend of adding Wi-Fi as the connectivity feature to make the printing work convenient. It allows users to connect their Windows Operating System, Macintosh Operating System, Android, and iOS. No doubt it enhances the convenience, and if you buy a Wi-Fi printer, then the very first question comes in mind that how to use it with different devices?
Well, it starts with setting up the whole process which takes a couple of seconds to get rid of all the issues. Keep it in mind that having a quality Wi-Fi printer from reputed brands like Epson, Canon, and Brothers can help you get the smooth experience. Nevertheless, connectivity features are almost the same with every Wi-Fi printer and they are reliable to use also. Let’s have a look at some of the easy methods to use a Wi-Fi printer with different devices.
How to Use Wi-Fi printer
As there is a total of three ways to use the Wi-Fi printer, so, you should be following the below-given methods to the individual case.
Setting Up For Windows Operating System
As there are plenty of Windows OS, we are mentioning the process for Windows 10 as it is the latest version. Follow the steps –
- Open Setting app from Start menu.
- Head over to device button.
- Click on add a printer or scan devices button to continue the search.
- Now, windows will explore connected devices on Wi-Fi.
- You will get the printer ink or the option to add as per the device.
- Driver installation will begin and you have to complete it.
- Try going for “Default” settings over Manual to get it easier.
Your device is connected and you can give Print commands. To check whether the printer is working fine or not, head over to notepad from the search menu and write anything on it. Now, give print command and select your printer.
Setting Up for the Macintosh Operating System
The latest release of Macintosh OS is macOS 10.14: Mojave (Liberty) and it is pretty easily to use. If you are on this OS or using the older one, the method to set up a Wi-Fi printer will be the same in most of the cases. Follow the basic command –
- Start by setting up the Wi-Fi printer’s built-in control. Turn on the printer and connect it with the Wi-Fi.
- If the network is secured then you have to add the username and password to connect it with the network.
- Now, install the drivers which came with the printer. You can download the latest version from the official website of the printer manufacturer.
- Go to system preference from the Deck or top right corner of the main screen on Mac. Click on apple logo and open System Preferences.
- Now open Printers and Scanners option. There will be the “+” icon which will allow you to add new devices.
- There is an IP tab on top of the small window. Choose Internet Protocol IPP from the options and it will give you the list of the available protocol.
- Punch out Wi-Fi printer’s IP address and queue name. Everything is done now and the printer is connected.
After following these steps, you will be using the printer from the Wi-Fi. Make sure to connect your Printer on a secured network so no one else can access it.
Setting Up For Your Smartphone
It doesn’t matter that if you are using Android or iOS, the process to print using a smartphone is almost the same. There are plenty of third-party apps which can help you print. Follow the basic steps –
- Download Cloud Print app or any other app that is offered by the manufacturer on Google Play Store or App Store.
- Now, open the file that you want to print. There will be three stacked dots option in Android to let you access the print options.
- You can find print command in this section. Tap on it and you will get the option to add or connect the printer.
- If you are using the smartphone app then you should use that to give commands because they can help to adjust the size and number of prints factors.
It will take a couple of seconds to take command for the first time but if you are using iOS and you want to print photos instead of files then the method is –
- Open Photos app and go to the photo that you want to print.
- There is an Options button in the bottom left corner.
- Swipe through all the commands and then hit “Print button”.
- It will give you the option to find printer, tap on it and everything is done.
By following these methods, you can easily print using a smartphone also. In case, you want to adjust the size and other factors then use the smart app offered by the manufacturer.