Canon Pixma E477 Review
There is no arguing to the fact of how annoying and strenuous it can get while searching for the best printer for your workplace. It consumes all your valuable time while visiting your nearest cyber cafe to get all your prints done.
You would be amazed to know the fact that we have spent a lot on printing out documents from shops rather than investing in a good printing machine. Keeping a printing machine in your house will provide you the opportunity of getting all your office, school, and college project work done by enjoying the comfort of your home. Nowadays, people are obsessed with the all in one printer that serves all of their purpose in one go. Owning one such device will ensure that you don’t spend your hard-earned money on buying other devices such as scanners and photocopying machines. This device can do that all.
Hold on to your horses, as we present you with a detailed review of this product.
Well, if you are new or old to the world of printers, that doesn’t matter at all as most of you will be familiar with the brand Canon. All of the products from Canon feature-rich powerful devices that provide clarity with quality printouts. With their variety of products, they have created a trustworthy space in people’s hearts. Canon printers are fashionable and loaded with all the latest features.
- Canon E477 is an ink efficient printer from Canon that comes with all the latest functions that are required to be a top printer in this price range. This company promises top quality printers and also satisfies the requirements of the customers. Not only the build quality, but they also make sure about the affordability of the product.
- The Pixma range from this brand comes with wireless features and has built-in WiFi connectivity. This feature allows you to print your required documents from any corner of your home. It also eliminates the requirement of connecting your printer to any of the devices through USB cable.
- From the physical appearance, one can surely get confused by its premium finish. The white and dark blue make the device more visually attractive. Canon has a built-in mechanism of cleaning its parts itself. Through this cleaning action, the printer sucks some amount of air bubble and ink itself from small nozzles to maintain the print quality and color consistency.
- It is an ink efficient all in one printer that can perform several activities like scan, print, and copy and often has a flatbed CIS scanner for optimum quality.
- For connectivity issues, Canon comes with all the services such as Wi-Fi, USB, Wi-Fi direct, canon SELPHY, Google, and PIXMA cloud print. All the above-mentioned methods can be used for printing purposes.
- Page Support
Amazingly, this machine supports almost all the page forms such as A4, A5, Letter, Legal, and B5. It can print continuously without much discomfort as the input tray can be loaded with 60 pages at once. This machine has a minute printing capacity of 4.0 ipm color page and 8.0 ipm black page. It also satisfies the standard ISO guidelines as the printing cost of black and color pages are Rs. 1.4 & Rs. 4 respectively.
- Cartridge Compatibility
For best results and amazing quality, it is advised to use original ink cartridges. Many facilities can be availed by using the original cartridge that comes from Canon. From the two cartridges PG47 and CL57, one can get 400 black pages and 180 color pages. The best part about Canon is that they make another set of Both the cartridges.
Due to the compactness and lightweight, the device can be stored anywhere in your workspace. It can be kept on any desk, shelf, or table for a hassle-free experience. It weighs just 3.5 kg and allows the user to carry from one place to another very easily.
- Print Resolution
For both black and white printing, the device has a resolution of 4800 x 1200. Through this resolution, one can print their documents with the highest quality and better speed. A maximum of 300 pages can be done in one month. This specification perfectly suits all your home and office needs.
- OS Compatibility
This device is compatible with most of the OS, such as Windows 10, Windows 7, Vista sP2, Windows 8, and Mac OS.
- Auto Turn On/ Off Feature
The device has the capability of recognizing the command from distance and work according to it. Later after use, the device will automatically turn it off after some particular span.
- Mobile Application
This product stands out for the presence of a functional mobile application. Through this application, you can easily monitor all the functions of your printer and ink levels. Commands can also be given through this device.
- Customer Care Facility
Canon has a 24x 7 customer care facility. One can simply dial their customer care number or order for a home service. For any fault in their device, You can simply visit their nearest service center.
- PIXMA Cloud Link
This particular feature allows the user to directly print from any online popular services like Twitter, Dropbox, Evernote, and Facebook. This feature is only available for those owners using the original Canon cartridge.
Thing We like:
- This product has a one-year warranty
- Allows wireless printing from any corner of your workplace
- The automatic turn on and off feature save a lot of electricity
- Very effective and easy to use
- Lightweight and compact structure
- Functional mobile application for operating
- It has an amazing build quality, gives it a premium touch, and makes it easy to clean and manage.
Thing We Didn’t like:
- Makes noise while printing
Few Things to Consider While Buying
- Although the price difference between Inkjet and Laser is not much these days, it makes a lot of impact on the quality of your service. There might be a budget difference between the ink cartridge and toner, so it is advised to choose the best that suits your budget.
- While some companies only add features like printing and photocopying, others add highly advanced features. Some people prefer having an all in one printer where you can expect almost all features. It is requested to go through the specification section and decide concerning your requirements.
- Depending upon the paper you choose to print, the specification of the printer also changes. It is obvious that if you want to print on photo paper and cardstock, you need to invest in different quality printers. Also, be specific about the sizes of the paper, Small size printers may not be suitable for your job.
- You must think about using the brand of cartridge. If your printer supports refillable cartridges, then you might save a lot on inks. One should be careful about the power supply and the consumption of power by the printer.
- Be very specific about the wireless feature and connectivity. Usually, printers with wireless features come with a range of products. Though, it relies on your wants and requirements.
With all the latest and mobile operated features, this device is one of its kind in this price segment. According to the functionality, this product is a perfect option for home and small office use. You can easily buy this product through online purchases.