Printers are absolutely necessary at home & office. They are not just needed to obtain print outs of the documents but even the kids need the printers for their school work. You can choose among various brands available and various types of printers but then there are people who are loyal to a particular brand. The fact is that the Epson offers highly reliable and advanced printers for home & office use as well as commercial use. If you are looking for a printer that can be used at home & office or a printer that can be used at a small office then you can really get perfect models from Epson. Let us check out more details about Epson and its product offering.
Epson and Brand Value?
Epson was established in the year 1942 and it is a Japanese company. The term Epson basically means ‘Son of Electronic Printer’. Epson mainly manufactures printing machines but it also manufactures multimedia products like projectors and televisions. The brand has some amazing offerings for the commercial printing press and at the same time, Epson is a popular name in household across the world. Epson started manufacturing printers in 1961 when the technology was in the nascent stage and from there, it innovated and integrated new functionality in printers to get the technology that we have today.
Top 3 Epson Printers
Epson had been really successful when it comes to printers and it carries a very good brand value in the markets across the globe. The brand has a lot of goodwill and there are many people who only prefer printer from Epson. The quality of the products is very good and reliable at the same time.
Which Type of Printer to Buy for home & office Use?
If you are planning to purchase a printer for your home & office then there are certain types of printer that you must consider. First thing is that you need to determine if you need a colour or a black and white printer. Once you come to this decision, you need to decide if you need an all in one printer or if you need a machine with basic functionality to give you print outs. We would recommend you to opt for all in one model as they offer much more flexibility to you and it is also possible to get photocopies from those all in one printer.
Next thing to consider is the type of technology you need for the printer. The options available here are inkjet, laser and dot matrix. If you need a suggestion from us regarding the technology then we would recommend you to opt for inkjet printers. They can print photos for you and they have also proven their ground in the segment of documents. Also, you can check out for the features like wireless printing, ink tanks, document feeder and such add-on items to make life easier for yourself. Lastly, you might also need a dot matrix printer if you need to get account statements at home & office. This choice is dependent on you and your utility factor.
Top benefits of Buying Printers from Epson
- Epson Printers are designed for excellence. The printing head used in the printers from Epson has an advanced technology used which produces high-density precise text and colour. These heads make all the difference when you need a high quality of prints. In addition to this, the heads of the printers are also durable
- The next benefit of choosing Epson machines is that you get amazing prints with amazing speeds. The years of evolution has got you sharp prints which comes not only with optimized speeds but also with optimized colour utilization and efficiency. The images produced by printers from Epson are really crisp.
- The printers have a low cost of operation. Most of the inkjet printers from Epson now features an ink tank which reduces the cost of printing by several folds. You can go ahead and choose the printer from Epson if you are concerned about the high ink cost. In the link run, Epson printers really prove to be cost-efficient.
- Epson also offers all the advanced utility features in the printers. The all in one printer come with a high-resolution scanner which can scan the minute details of the documents and at the same time, the printers also have features like auto feeder which makes it easy for you to obtain photocopies.
- Many models from Epson also features borderless printing which is again absolutely necessary in today’s world. A lot of other brands do not support such a feature but most of the models from Epson support this feature.
- Printers from Epson also offer a lot of versatility to the users. You can make a selection between different resolutions, paper types and modes while you are getting print outs. The advantage is that you get the type of output you need. For example, you can select a draft mode on the printers which can give you quick print with low ink usage. This can help you in proofreading the output. Also, these printers support photo papers so you do not have to be worried about restricted usage of the printer
- Lastly, you get excellent customer support from Epson and at the same time, all the product comes with a warranty as well. This certainly protects your purchase.
Top Models from Epson for home & office Use
Epson has a huge product line when it comes to printers for home & office use. This can really make the job tough for you. To help you with selection, we have listed some of the best printer models available from Epson.
#1 Epson M100 Monochorome Inkjet Printer
If you only need a blank and white printer then this would be the best model for you. It is an ink jet printer so the quality of the prints is very good and at the same time, you save a lot of money on the cartridge since you do not need colour ink here. This printer has an ink tank for Black Ink and at the same time, it also gives you a speed of 15 pages per minute. Epson M100 is also quite efficient as it can offer you almost 6000 pages with just 150 ml of ink. Epson offers a 1 year warranty on this model.
- Cost-Efficient Since it’s a Black and White Printer
- Has a Good Printing Speed
- Quick Setup
It is surely one of the best printer available in monochrome settings. You can choose this without a doubt if you do not need colour print outs.
#2 Epson EcoTank L3150 Wi-Fi All-in-One Ink Tank Printer
The next on our list is Epson EcoTank L3150. This is also an inkjet printer but it is a wireless printer which also comes with ink tank. The fact that the printer is an All in One Model makes it even more efficient for the buyers. You can use the printer for obtaining photocopies or just scanning the important documents. In addition to this, the printer has a printing speed of 33 ppm for black prints while the printer offers 11 ppm in case of colour print outs. Just like all other product, Epson offers 1 year / 30,000 pages standard warranty on this printer.
- All in One Printer which offers a lot of flexibility
- Efficient in terms of operational cost
- Has a good printing and scanning resolution
It is one of the best selling all in one printer from Epson. You can choose this if you are looking for something efficient yet very durable.
#3 Epson LQ-310 Dot Matrix Printer
If you have a small office at home & office or if you usually work from home & office and if you need a printer to give you the account statements then the dot matrix printers work the best. A lot of people are not aware of this fact but Epson also manufactures Dot Matrix Printers. This is basically a printer with 24 pin head and it has no comparison in terms of speed. The printer features high 416 CPS print speed at 12 CPI. The printer can also be connected to the USB port and in terms of the warranty, Epson offers a 2-year warranty on this printer.
- Advanced Dot Matrix Printer
- Has the option for USB Connectivity
- Can easily print Account Statements and ledgers
You usually need a dot matrix printer for some of the official work involving ledgers and account statements. This model can really prove to be the perfect one in such cases.
#4 Epson L4150 All-in-One Wireless Ink Tank Colour Printer
This is another Inkjet printer from Epson on our list. This model is quite advance when it comes to features and print quality. Again, this is an all in one printer with ink tank which reduces the cost of operation in the long run. The output speed of this printer is 33 pages for black/white prints or 15 ppm for colour prints. The warranty offered on this printer is 1 year or 30,000 pages whichever comes earlier. The print resolution of the printer is good and it can also scan high-quality images easily without any quality related issues.
- Has a very low cost of printing.
- Ink tank is easy to refill and Wi-Fi adds to the flexibility
- Comes with 1 year warranty
This is yet another All in One printer from Epson that you can trust. The good part about this model is that it also comes with an ink tank which eventually helps you in reducing the cost of per page print.
#5 Epson L380 Multi-Function InkTank Colour Printer
If you are looking for an All in One Printer which is very sleek then this could be the best choice for you. This printer is not wireless but it is quite sleek. In terms of functionality, the printer offers scans, photocopies and obviously the prints. As per the Epson standards, the speed of the printing is 33 ppm for black prints and 15 ppm for colour prints. The ink tank further helps in reducing the cost of printouts. Also, if you are planning to buy this printer then you will get 1 bottle of each colour but for the black ink, you will get 2 bottles. The warranty on this product is also restricted to 1 year.
- High-Resolution Inkjet Printer which offers Good Scan and Print Quality
- Also offers borderless printing
- Supports a lot of different page size
Epson L380 is a brilliant product from Epson and it is surely going to impress anyone who looks at the model. The printer is impressive not just in terms of the print quality but also in terms of looks.
#6 Epson L805 Single-Function Wireless Ink Tank Colour Photo Printer
If you do not need scanner or photocopy functionality then you can choose for a printer without those features. Epson L805 is one such printer which doesn’t feature all these but has a wireless functionality along with ink tanks. If you also love to print photos then this is the best printer available in the market. It is specifically designed to print photos and other such high-resolution material. The cost of printing would be a little higher for this printer because of the resolution. The speed here is 5 ppm and this is slow because of the print resolution. Another point to be noted about this printer is that it has 6 ink tanks. Apart from regular Black, Cyan, Magenta and Yellow, the printer also has Light Magenta and Light Cyan.
- Has 6 tanks which make the photo more vibrant and sharp
- Especially for printing Photos
- Supports a wide range of material for printing
You can actually set up a mini studio at home & office if you buy this printer. This is the quality that is offered by L805. You do not get a scan or photocopy functions but you get the best photo output with the help of this printer.
#7 Epson L5190 Wi-Fi All-in-One Ink Tank Printer
You would need a very efficient printer if you have a small office at home & office or if you need a lot of prints at home & office. This particular model from Epson can be all you need in such a case and the functionality is also really impressive. It is a wireless printer and it also features ink tank as well as an automatic document feeder. You can even get borderless output if you are choosing this printer. In addition to all these features, you get a good printing speed and 1 year warranty from Epson.
- Easy to Setup and Install
- Has a document feeder which automates the task for you
- Comes with 1 year warranty
You can have a look at this all in one printer as well. The good part about the new models of inkjet printers is that they come with Wi-Fi and Ink Tank which really makes it easy to use the printer
#8 Epson L6170 Wi-Fi Duplex All-in-One Ink Tank Printer
This is the last model in our list and it is one of the best offerings from Epson. If you do not mind spending a little extra money then go ahead and purchase this model. Common features include Wi-Fi, Ink Tank, Photocopy and Scan. In addition to this, the printer also offers borderless printing. You get a small LCD panel on the printer which displays all the setting and other relevant information. In terms of printing speed, the printer can give you 15 PPM black or 8 PPM colour prints. The speed can go up to 33 PPM depending on the quality. Also, the printer has a 30 document feeder which can really automate the job for you and reduce your workload. Epson offers a warranty of 1 year or 50,000 pages on this printer.
- Has a document feeder with a capacity of 30 documents
- Also has an LCD panel which displays all the functions and details.
- Comes with a warranty of 1 year or 50,000 pages.
This is one of the top model being offered by Epson. You can consider this model and be assured about the quality and durability of the product. It is certainly a great buy for the people looking for nothing but the best. check out more duplex printer here
Frequently asked questions
Epson is one of the best ink tank printers in India. Epson India has a wide variety of all in one printer, home theater projectors, POS printers, and large printing solutions. They can provide one of the best printers for home use in India.
1) What is Epson Connect?
It is a service that is used to connect the customers to the Epson printers over the web network.
It provides the following services:
- Email Printing
- Epson iPrinting
- Scan to the Cloud option
- Remote Printing
- Voice Printing (the only US and Canada)
- What to do after you have bought an Epson printer?
The recommended action to do after you have bought the printer is to register it on Epson connect via the printer or scanner setup.
2) Can I use my Epson printer connected via a USB cable?
This is not possible. You need to connect it over Wi-Fi or Ethernet that has an active internet connection.
3) What to do when my Epson printer is not printing my emails?
You need to check the following to ensure that the printer is printing your mails. Check that is printer has its power on. Check that printer is connected to an active internet service. Check that the printer is free of any errors. Try to turn off and restart your printer. Check the user page of Epson connect and see if you have suspended your service by any chance. Check if the printer is busy printing previous loads, or the print data is large.
4) Can anyone send an email to my printer to get it printed?
Anyone who knows the mail id of your printer can send mails to it to get printed. But if you want to limit the number of people who can send mails to the printer, you can edit the approved senders list easily. This will ensure that only those people whom you have permitted can send mails to it.
5) How can I be confirmed that the data which was scanned has been sent?
You need to check the following to be confirmed. Check that there was no error message shown on your scanner’s or your printer’s display. Log in to the scan log page of your Epson Connect account. See if the status has been updated to be complete. If the destination was an email address, check that any error message was printed or not. Confirm with the owner of the scanner or printer that whether he/she has received an error message or not.
6) What to do if the scan data was sent to a destination, but not yet received?
You need to check the following to confirm what happened. The email address that was registered in the destination might be incorrect. The email may have got into the SPAM folder. Check the SPAM filter setting. There might be a delay in the routing, and the mail has not arrived yet.
It can be said that Epson makes world-class printers which are very durable. For most of the printers offered by Epson, you get a warranty of 1 year but there are some models which come with 2 years of the warranty period as well. It is really important to know what you really need before you decide to purchase the printer for your home & office. Additionally, there are many printers available from Epson but if you are looking for some of the best models then you can refer to the top models available from Epson for home & office use in the next section of this article.