Be it your home or office; printers have been an essential part for some time now. The printing technology has changed as time passed. Traditionally, printers served the purpose of printing important documents or newspapers at their respective workplaces. Nowadays, printers are multifunctional, i.e., it can print, scan, copy, and also print photos directly from your camera too. The printer makes editing and modifying your documents easier. Professional work calls for printed documents over handwritten ones. With so many types of printers available in the market, 3D printers are the new talk. 3D printers work with Computer-aided designs (CAD) and produce 3D objects. The materials in the 3D model’s layers are plastic or bio-materials.
We have narrowed down the list of 10 best 3D printers available in India for you to choose from and buy one that suits you best.
Benefits of Using a 3D printer
- Speed- The 3D printers can design, produce, and also test in a very little time. The production can not only come handy at workplaces but also in the comfort of your own house. 3D printers are perfect for small startups or small businesses.
- Cost- 3D printers can be cost-effective for small scale production. One can use 3D printers without requiring any labor from technicians, unlike traditional prototyping. The 3D printer pricemakes it reasonable.
- Quality- The risks of poor designing decreases with 3D printers. Unlike injection methods, 3D printers come with the assurance of fine quality printing.
Top 10 3D Printers in India
This 3D printer is ideal for people who want to avail of 3D printing at a cheap price. Its V-Slot, along with POM wheels, provides noiseless and smooth moves. Many parts of it are already assembled, so the user has to invest only 2 hours to complete assemble it.
- Hassle-free assembling
- DIY model
- Protection against a power cut can resume printing after a lapse or outage too
- The perfect nozzle size 0.4mm delivers the best results
- Comes with a hard printing surface
- Ideal for small printing jobs, and not big models
This 3D printer is ideal for your 3D object printing in high quality. The plugging risks are minimal, and the same can be said about bad extrusion. Its V-slot has POM wheels too, which makes the machine noiseless. The printer goes under several standard quality checks to make sure you get your hands on the best product. 255 degrees Celcius is an attainable temperature for its nozzle.
- It comes with resume printing function, which lets you pick up from where you left in case the power goes out.
- It provides the user with platform stickers sparing them the cost of printing.
- Assembling is a no-brainer.
- Not up-to-date
- Does not give protection against thermal runaway
A perfect model for home use that is also safe for children to use; this 3D printer comes with a closed frame and no wires visible. Its PLA filament makes it eco-friendly to use. The accuracy achieved is up to 0.1mm. The user may have to buy a spool separately.
- Has a closed frame
- Unmatched performance
- Assisted leveling
- Printing is faster with a higher accuracy level
- Not budget-friendly; is on the pricier end
- Given spool is not of the standard size
The Ender-3 Prusa i3 is an advanced technology printer that offers resume printing. The V-slot POM wheels are great for noiseless printing. With a nozzle size of 0.4mm, it yields quality printing.
- SD card support for storing and printing
- Ready to assemble
- No place for warping
- Fused Depositing Modeling (FDM) technology
- Not made for larger projects
This 3D printer is one of the best gifting options for a child. Kids can pick up interest in the field of design. The model libraries are enhanced, which makes it user friendly. It can be the best choice for kids or an educator. This model comes with four lead screws making your printing process nearly perfect.
- Printing precision and utmost accuracy
- Does not require assembling by the user
- Capable of saving energy and ensuring safety
- A little expensive for home use
For the price range, the Anet ET4 3D printer is one of the best printers to get your hands on. The semi-kit it comes in needs only 30 minutes for assembling. Various accessories are provided with the printer package along with filament spools.
- Saves hours of assembling time
- Noiseless operation
- The frame is made out of high-quality metal
- Has a printing bed made of glass
- Quality printing
- SD card quality not up to the mark
- Settings instructions not easy to find
Easythreed Nano is the perfect match for DIY amateurs and can also be used at home for learning. Its operations are made simple to and convenient, giving the user a hassle-free experience. It has a single nozzle of 0.4mm diameter. It gives a printing speed of 10 mm/s to 40 mm/s.
- A lightweight printer which makes it portable
- Perfect for beginners
- Completely assemble packaging
- Single key printing, no additional steps
- Frequent jamming
- No LCD Screen
Anet ET4 Pro is made up completely of a metal frame. It has a motherboard (32bit) of industrial-grade. A compact design at an affordable price, this is indeed one of the best 3D printers available in the market. Its TMC 2208 stepper driver yields 256 micro-steps.
- Ultra-silent and high-precision printing
- Matrix auto-leveling
- Resume function in case of a power outage
- Filament assignment with a single click
- Color LCD touch screen making operating easy
- Could be a bit pricier for starters
A new addition to the world of 3D printers, this Geeetech can be categorized as a plug-play machine. Unlike bulky designed 3D printers, this model is compact with a monochrome color scheme. The dimensions of this printer (284mm x 320mm x 156mm) make it a fit for your home or workspace. It uses FDM or Fused Deposition Modeling printing.
- Supports Wi-Fi connectivity along with SD and USB
- Resume function
- The full-color LCD touch screen of 3.2.”
- Accurate to the core
- No need to assemble separately
- Microcontroller unit
- Pricier than the others
- A bit heavier
This 3D printer model is an advanced version Ender-3 3D printer by Creality with several upgradations. It gives better stability with the 40×40 extrusion made of aluminum. The magnetic bed, C-Mag, is removable and replaceable. It also supports noiseless printing at its best.
- Resume function to support in times of a power outage.
- Wheels with ball bearings give stability
- Reduced risk of uneven prints and clogging
- Advanced control board
- Only service warranty for a few months available
- No manufacturer’s warranty
Buying Guide for the Best 3D printers
Now that 3D printers are not just limited to industrial use, one must consider a few things before buying a 3D printer for home or office use. Here’s how you select the 3D printer to suit your purpose:
- Avoid Impulse Purchasing a 3D Printer: Do not base your choice on appearance or advice. Invest in 3D printers only when you have the need for it.
- Kind of Printer You Need: There are many models of 3D printers available in the market. Evaluate your needs and the kind of projects you will be doing on your 3D printer. Buy one accordingly.
- The Printing Speed Provided: It is natural for a user to think that fast printing speed will yield better results. However, this is a false notion. Fast 3D printers are seen to be of poor quality. Start with a printer that will give you an average speed. Once you are familiar with the settings, you can always upgrade.
- Open/Closed Frames: Both the 3D printer frames have their own advantages and disadvantages. Open frames are exposed and allow the user to view their ongoing printing. However, in comparison to closed frames, the open frames are not safe. Closed frames are safe in spaces with children or pets.
Going through the guide provided, you can make the correct investment in 3D printers. Consider all the listed factors and buy a printer that will fulfill all your printing needs.